I'm jetting to Vegas next month to see him and in a mad moment designed some 50s inspired fabric, featuring my hero, from Spoonflower. When it arrives it will magic itself into a 50's sundress, with a little help.
However, this cautious girl ordered a sample first so it's ended up as handy make up / clutch bags for me and another, rather fabulous fan, Lyndsey :) It's in the post to her right now, complete with a cute tag, so I hope she likes.
This was my first time using frames and I found it amazingly easy! Gutermann glue is definitely the key and seems to bond like a vice. The outer is cotton voile, which is underlined with white cotton and the lining is baby blue satin with a Moz pocket :-
|See my little bespoke label - if you're in the UK they are a total bargain from Cash's Labels :)|
I used a medium weight wadding to give the bags some substance but because I only wanted them to be quite soft (and they are made of voile) I didn't interface. However, there's iron on interfacing on the pocket lining, which is made from the blue satin.
And a little tip - lots of tutorials instruct you to leave the turning hole in the bottom seam of the lining. I used one of the top seams (the bit that goes into the frame) and did a very narrow topstitch to close it. That way, there's no hand or top stictching visible inside the bag :)
I'm kinda happy with the over the top kitsch of my creations - not everyone's cup of tea but definitely mine :)